Level: Intermediate and above.
This is an intermediate level course for those who need English for the Hotel and Tourism industry.
The Hotel and Tourism industry is a specialised industry whose main purpose is dealing with visitors to a resort or country of their choice. This being the case, it is important to be able to meet the needs of the customers who visit, being able to give advice on places of interest and how to get there, as well as answering queries by telephone, email and in person.
Others may visit the Hotel or Resort for the purpose of Corporate or conference facilities that are available and the ability to deal with this area on an international basis is very important.
Those taking this course will learn how to deal with customers on a daily basis, as well as how to remedy problems and disputes, through an interactive and focused led Hotel and Tourism schedule.
Aims of the course
- To enable those working or seeking work in the Hotel and Tourism industry to interact to a satisfactory level in English.
- To improve the knowledge of those working within this area and to extend their knowledge within the context of the vocation.
- To extend the range of the text types to reflect the variety of materials those working in the Hotel and Tourism industry are exposed to.
- To extend the vocabulary particular to the Hotel and Tourism industry.
- To extend and enforce language previously learnt along with new words encountered in the new context which will be supplemented with additional grammar and project work.
The course is broken into 3 modules and will cover such subjects as reservations, financial matters, complaints, disputes and special services among others. Each module will be broken into 24 hour blocks and fit into your operating schedule as it best suits you. The couses can always be adjusted to suit your needs and we will do our best to make sure you have exactly what you need to improve and expand your business.